First, Shopify supercharged the e-commerce industry. Then, live chat propelled customer experience into a whole new realm. Put them together and you’ve got a bulletproof strategy to win new customers and keep current ones loyal.
The evidence is clear—For customers who chat prior to making a purchase, there is a 10% increase in average order value, a 48% increase in revenue per chat hour, and a 40% conversion rate (Source: ICMI).
When you incorporate live chat into your sales strategy, you get more sales. Plain and simple. For e-commerce stores, live chat apps give you the ability to present a virtual retail associate. Agents can recommend products, suggest solutions, or just build rapport with potential customers to encourage sales.
The best apps give DTC companies the ability to capitalize on buyer persona and intent. You can track behaviors to predict which web pages lead to the most conversions and put your sales team on the front lines with a live chat tool.
This list compares the top live chat apps for Shopify. Get all the details—from pricing and features to reviews and images—to help you choose the best tool for your Shopify store.
1. Groove Live Chat
If you’re looking for a help desk with live chat tailored to growing businesses, we believe we’ve created the best option here at Groove.
We built it from the ground up to empower small growing businesses to deliver fast, high-quality support in real-time—without overwhelming your team.
Our customers already love our world-class contact widget and knowledge base widget. Using them as a foundation, we incorporated chatbots and real-time message handling into a powerful new live chat widget.
We pride ourselves on building products for lean and mighty teams. Simply add one little code snippet to your website to embed the live chat widget anywhere on your site—no technical skills required. Keep your engineers focused on your product.
Customization options abound enabling you to keep your brand front and center—a must for growing brands. Our automations take the place of at least five agents—meaning you can successfully scale customer support without needing to hire more people.
Take it for a test drive today with a free trial—no credit card required.
2. Shopify Inbox
Shopify Inbox enables you to sell over chat and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere. Shopify Inbox connects with popular messaging platforms so you can manage your customer and team conversations from the convenience of a single business communication app.
- Send products, discounts, and new orders from your Shopify store directly inside chats
- Send automated messages and continue chats over SMS or email
- Know when customers add or remove items from their shopping cart
- Assign chats to your staff and team to scale customer conversations
Shopify App Store Rating: 3.5/5.0 based on 304 reviews
LiveChat for Shopify and Shopify Plus enables you to provide customer service and convert visitors into customers on your website. You can actively engage on-site visitors with chat invitations, or let them start conversations by themselves. The widget also serves as a contact form for offline messages and enables customers to sign up for your mailing list.
- The Agent App inside LiveChat provides you with a real-time view of a customer’s cart
- Send product recommendations known as Product Cards right in the live chat widget
- Access data related to a particular client (e.g., their tracking numbers or delivery statuses)
Pricing: From $19/month. 14-day free trial.
Shopify App Store Rating: 3.9/5.0 based on 37 reviews
4. Facebook Messenger – Live Chat by Omega
With Facebook Messenger by Omega, you can chat with customers via Facebook Messenger. It is a powerful “all-in-one” customer support software used by small and medium-sized businesses, and installation is fast and easy with no coding skills required.
- Connect to your Facebook page and live chat through Facebook messages
- Schedule the working time to Enable/Disable Live Chat
- Save the history of conversations with your customers to have a full overview of interactions on one page
- Leave an offline message to get back later when your customer support reps are unavailable
- Custom widget positions, icon, and color
Pricing: Free plan available with upgrades.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.8/5.0 based on 230 reviews
Richpanel allows you to manage customer support across all channels with a self-service help center, live chat, social media integrations and automations.
- See Shopify data next to each message and perform order actions
- Enable customers to see orders, track packages & browse FAQs
- Customize styling and branding to match your website
- Send surveys after conversation and measure customer satisfaction scores
- See how your customer support team is performing with productivity metrics
Pricing: Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Shopify App Store Rating: 5.0/5.0 based on 56 reviews
Chatalyst enables stores to reduce first response time and provide proactive, personalized support to shoppers at every stage of the buyer’s journey. It notifies you exactly when you need to reach out to visitors in order to boost conversion rates.
- View the list of visitors who are currently online & what they’re browsing
- Notify you instantly when any visitor reaches important pages
- Sync all customers data from Shopify
- Integrate FAQ into chat box
- Offer discount codes to upsell & prevent cart abandonment
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.8/5.0 based on 26 reviews
Zendesk is an omnichannel customer service and engagement platform that enables customer interactions across messaging, phone, chat, email, and social media. Note you must have a Zendesk account (Zendesk Suite or Legacy Support Team plan or above) to use this Shopify app.
- Access relevant customer data, such as billing, shipping, and order information, from Shopify displayed in Zendesk
- Process refunds and cancellations directly from the Zendesk Support sidebar app
- Embed live chat to any Shopify-powered site
- Customize order data you want to be displayed in Zendesk for your agents
Pricing: From $49/month for Zendesk Suite. Free trial available.
Shopify App Store Rating: 2.5/5.0 based on 132 reviews
Re:amaze is an all-in-one customer service and chatbot engagement platform. It integrates with Shopify so you can access order data instantly. Edit/create orders, process refunds, cancellations, update customer/order data within support conversations.
- Email, social, push, SMS, VOIP, WhatsApp in addition to live chat
- See cart items, track browsing activity, customers’ screens w/ Re:amaze Live
- Create automated workflows w/ Shopify macros
- Pre-built chatbots to answer order status questions + questions covered in FAQ
- Flexible pricing no contract
Pricing: From $29/month. 14-day free trial.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.9/5.0 based on 187 reviews
JivoChat starts a conversation with every visitor on your website by showing a chat widget with a question relevant to your business. You can tell them about your current discounts or offer some help.
- Contact clients through live website chat, phone, email, Facebook or Apple Business Chat
- Track your visitors in real time and proactively initiate live chats
- Instant callbacks for visitors
- Transfer and invite colleagues to participate in open support chats
- Desktop, Mobile or Web version
Pricing: Free plan available. 14-day free trial.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.6/5.0 based on 102 reviews
Tawk.to is a free messaging app to monitor and chat with site visitors. It’s designed to increase the effectiveness in managing the online customer engagement experience, enabling multiple websites and agents in a single dashboard interface to chat with the visitors on your website.
- Compatible with all modern browsers
- Offers iOS, Android, Windows and Mac OSX apps
- No limits at all on the number of agents, chat volumes or sites that you can add widgets to
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.1/5.0 based on 220 reviews
Gorgias is a help desk for e-commerce stores that allows your customer service team to manage all of your support in one place. It provides an all-in-one help desk experience across email, live chat, phone, Facebook, Instagram, and contact us page in one unified view.
- See the full customer live chat and message history across different channels in one view
- Support for multiple stores
- Use Macros (variables like order status, shipping date, etc.) to pre-fill answers
- Trigger Live chats and contact form on important pages
- See which pages customers are on and their purchase history
Pricing: From $60/month. 7-day free trial
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.7/5.0 based on 471 reviews
Channel.io is an all-in-one business messenger that brings together live chat, customer management, and team messenger.
- Engage customers with real-time chat without login procedures
- Collect, search, and segment customer data with Contacts
- Track which customer segment browsed your target page
- No capacity limit, and files sent and received can be easily found by searching
- Add chat groups to manage chat history by topic
Pricing: Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.8/5.0 based on 13 reviews
Chatra Live Chat allows you to answer questions and alleviate concerns to help visitors place an order. It allows you to see a shopper’s cart contents in real-time to identify the most valuable customers and provide tailored assistance.
- See who’s on your website, where are they from, and what they have in their cart
- Start chatting with any visitor
- Answer chat messages sent by Facebook users to your store’s page
- See what customers type before they hit “send”
- Initiate conversations when certain criteria are met
Pricing: Free plan available.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.9/5.0 based on 592 reviews
Conzia provides a Shopify live chat app to manage all your customer conversations via Live Chat and Facebook Messenger. Integrate the Conzia Live Chat software into your store’s landing page to allow customers to send you a message. On the other side, your customer support team will get that query on the web chat app.
- 2 minute setup—no coding knowledge required
- iOS & Android apps
- See what your visitors are typing
- Get branded live chat with your logo
- Send sound notifications for every message
Pricing: Free plan available.
Shopify App Store Rating: 5.0/5.0 based on 36 reviews
15. Pure Chat
Pure Chat is easy-to-use live chat software for your website. Pure Chat was designed to help organizations have better conversations with their website visitors in the moments that matter most.
- Customize your chat widget so it looks and behaves exactly the way you want it to at every interaction point
- Mobile app available on iOS and Android devices
- No code snippet required
Pricing: From $49/month. 30-day free trial.
Shopify App Store Rating: 3.5/5.0 based on 44 reviews
Formilla Live Chat Software offers free live chat and premium services for your Shopify store. Allow your visitors to chat with you live if they have any questions or need support on your website.
- Real-time visitor monitoring/tracking
- Helper Bots automatically respond to common visitor questions using the power of Artificial Intelligence (paid feature add-on)
- Customize the text of the live chat buttons, chat forms, and offline email forms
- Automatically display custom messages to your website visitors for different scenarios
- Allow site visitors and agents to securely share files during a chat
Pricing: From $22.49/month. 15-day free trial.
Shopify App Store Rating: 5.0/5.0 based on 40 reviews
eDesk is a leading eCommerce helpdesk that empowers your support team to provide a positive experience for customers across all of your company’s channels: email, live chat, social media and webstore.
- One-click invoice generator
- Real-time dynamic dashboards
- Manage your marketplace SLAs
- Auto-translate & AI responses
- Built-in autoresponder
Pricing: From $79/month. 14-day free trial.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.9/5.0 based on 21 reviews
Gobot helps fast-growing Shopify stores convert more shoppers and reduce support burden with guided selling quizzes and AI-powered support chatbots. Collect email and SMS opt-ins to send personalized welcome emails based on the expressed needs and preferences of your shoppers.
- Sync answers, actions and other buyer profile data points with Klaviyo, Drip, Active Campaign, Attentive, Postscript, and others
- Track custom Facebook Pixel and Google Ad events for answers and product recommendations
- Track quiz revenue and engagement with robust analytics
- Unaddressed questions get sent directly to your existing helpdesk via email
Pricing: Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.9/5.0 based on 98 reviews
HelpCenter is a user-friendly customer service app for e-commerce, aimed at making interactions with customers more effective. It combines four customer support solutions: FAQ builder, HelpDesk ticketing, Live Chat and Tabs.
- Create a multilingual, SEO-friendly FAQ page
- Manage all inquiries from email, chat and FB Messenger in a single platform
- Specific tabs for product-specific content, automatically create a tab directly from the product description
- Export and import content of a FAQ page into another Shopify shop
- Access customer purchase and inquiry history
Pricing: Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.8/5.0 based on 1227 reviews
Tidio offers live chat boosted with Chatbots and Marketing Automation. The product uniquely merges live chat, Bots, and Marketing Automation to meet the expectations of the most demanding Shopify store owners.
- Option to support multiple languages
- Dozens of Automation and Bot templates
- Option to see what your visitor is typing in real time
- Support for 20+ integrations
- Rich widget customisation options
Pricing: Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Shopify App Store Rating: 4.8/5.0 based on 1232 reviews
FAQ: Shopify Live Chat Apps
If there are still some questions swirling in your head about how live chat apps work on Shopify, we cover the basics in this FAQ section. Here are some commonly asked questions about Shopify Live Chat apps with answers to guide your purchase.
Does Shopify have live chat?
Shopify used to have a specific product for live chat called “Shopify Chat.” They’ve since merged this product into the “Shopify Inbox.” Now, the Inbox includes live chat in addition to a shared inbox.
With the Shopify Inbox app, you can view and respond to messages from customers on an iOS, iPadOS, or Android device, or by logging in to Shopify Inbox on desktop. Note that online store chat is included with Shopify Inbox, but is not enabled by default.
What are the best live chat services for e-commerce?
Live chat is a relatively new technology meant to assist with customer service. Agents can respond immediately to customers rather than asking them to wait for a response via email. Live chat greatly reduces response time and increases customer satisfaction.
With the rise of the e-commerce industry, live chat pivoted to be utilized as a sales tool as well. Now, you can add live chat to your Shopify store and answer any questions potential customers may have about your product.
The best live chat service for e-commerce offers tools for both customer service and sales, enabling your team to see full customer profiles to help with product questions or order issues. Services like Groove are built specifically for e-commerce stores looking to provide the best customer experience possible.
What is the best live chat solution for Shopify?
The best live chat solution for Shopify enables your team to quickly respond to customers while building a relationship based on customer loyalty. Groove is a suite of customer service and automation tools built exclusively for e-commerce businesses to do just that.
Groove offers a simple, beautiful, and free way for Shopify businesses to deliver “holy $#!&, that was fast” customer service—Because you’re obsessed with your customers’ experience, but don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a clunky support platform.
How do I integrate live chat in Shopify?
Integrating live chat into your Shopify store is a simple process—as long as your live chat tool offers a seamless plugin with Shopify. All of the options within this article are integrated with Shopify, and you can easily add one to your store by clicking the links within each breakdown.
If you choose a live chat tool that is not integrated with Shopify intuitively, then you’ll need to install the widget yourself. It requires a bit of coding, but your live chat provider should provide documentation that makes it as easy as possible.
Which is the best Shopify app to increase sales?
The best Shopify app to increase sales is a live chat app like Groove. With this tool, you can actively reach out to store visitors and convert them into buyers. Live chat allows you to immediately answer questions and assist in your customers’ purchasing decisions.
83% of consumers report that if companies could provide customers with better live customer service, it would have impacted their purchasing decision. By proactively reaching out to potential customers on your website, you can tip the scales in your favor and increase sales.