These past few weeks have been busy ones for the Groove team, with lots of new upgrades to the app that you may have already noticed.
Here’s a short update on what we’ve been up to:
We’ve had a lot happening on Groove’s back-end system, with our team working behind-the-scenes to strengthen Groove’s infrastructure to make the app better for you.
Harder, better, faster, stronger
Here’s a short summary of what we’ve been up to:
- Upgraded to latest version of Ruby
- Upgraded to the latest instances at AWS
- These are twice as powerful as before, and mean that we can add 30% more instances to deal with spikes
- Upgraded database server
- 8x the CPU
- 4x the RAM
What does that all mean in non-techy terms?
Basically, if you’ve noticed how much faster (A LOT faster) the app has been working lately, this is why 🙂
New Integration: Talkdesk
The team at Talkdesk, the world’s leading browser-based call center software, have built an awesome integration with Groove.
The integration lets you create, update and close tickets and notes in Groove, right from Talkdesk. You can send custom fields from Groove contact profiles to Talkdesk, and automatically populate voicemails in Groove and synchronize ticket and contact information between both apps.
- One-click setup process
- Automatic contact synchronization between both systems
- Create notes and tickets in Groove from Talkdesk
- Create and reply to messages, while on the phone, directly from the Talkdesk interface
- Two-way continuous synchronization of data
- Click-to-call from any phone number in Groove
We’re really excited about this new integration, and hope you’ll love it as much as we do! To install it, just head over to the Apps center in Groove and click on Talkdesk.
Search and Sorting Enhancements
We’ve also made a couple of updates to the way Groove handles Search and Sorting:
- We’ve improved indexing so that tickets show up faster and more reliably when searching.
- Our upgraded hardware (see above) has also made search times faster.
- We’ve implemented fuzzy matching to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Tickets are now sorted by actual user actions (rather than when Groove last updated it), so you get a more intuitively sorted list of tickets.
Update on Mobile
Our number one priority now is getting Groove mobile-optimized so that you can use the app from any device.
The team is heads-down on this as we speak, and we’re looking at a launch date in early next quarter.
We’re in the final stages of testing a feature that’s been highly requested by users, and is going to make Groove even more useful for collaboration.
More on that next week 🙂
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.