Exciting news, everyone! Many users have been itching for improvements to Groove’s search functionality—including our own team!—so for the first part of 2016 we’ve been hard at work focusing on search. After 6 weeks plugging away, we are truly thrilled to release those upgrades to all of our customers today.
Basically the entire backend powering search has been rebuilt. Using all of the feedback we’ve received from customers over the past year, we’ve improved the following:
We’ve made sure that search is now in sync with the database and all changes are real time. This ensures all of your tickets, both new and old, are actually there to be searched.
Search used to pull in a lot of extra tickets, but now we are narrowing down the results which makes them much more precise. We are also doing a better job of matching results to users, so you can do things like search for a domain name and return a more accurate list of tickets.
As a result of our indexing and accuracy enhancements, search is now speedier than ever.
Labels & International Characters
Searching either of these used to be a little fuzzy, but not any more. We’ve added better support for both.
Filtering & Sorting
In addition to the above, we’ve also fixed the various UI and filtering quirks. So not only are the search results better, but all of the filtering and sorting options are actually working as you’d expect. Never has it been easier to find a ticket in Groove. 🙂
The search fun doesn’t stop here. We built a backend for ourselves that allows us to test search enhancements quicker in the future, so you can expect to see continuously improved results in the months to come.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!